Monday, June 22, 2009

Hammered Copper-Seasons in the Sun



We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun.
But the stars we could reach, were just starfishs on the beach. Terry Jacks

A beautiful combination of textured hammered copper
and Czech glass beads with a S link closure. Matching hand formed earrings.

Necklace measures 24" Long-Not counting Focal. Focal is 2" long. (Links may easily be removed if a shorter necklace is desired-but I think you will like this necklace at this length.) Necklace slips over my head easily without using the closure.

The hammered S links I made from 16 gauge copper wire. Each link is hand cut and then hammered flat to give it strength. I then give each link texture with my ball peen hammer. Finally I tumble and then polish. The texture is beautiful. Since the links and the beaded links are handmade, there may be variations in shape and texture.

The Czech glass faceted beads that adorn the copper necklace are in an array of yellows, deep green and burnt red. Remind me of all Seasons. I separated each bead with a small glass rainbow seed bead.

The spiral focal is hand formed, hammered and VERY slowly heat treated to bring out the yellow, gold of the copper. (I didn't want a rainbow on the focal-just a warm sunshine look).

I made the earrings in the same manner I described above. Each earring has five beads.

I use bare copper and do not seal it. The necklace will darken and develop a beautiful, glowing patina with age

No comments:

Post a Comment